Overseas companies filming in the UK
What you get:
• access to Pact's business affairs support for the life of the production
• access to Pact's suite of contracts and agreements for the life of the production
• access to Pact's escrow management services should you need them
What you don’t get:
• A production registered with us does not entitle the SPV or parent company to Pact Membership, so you would not have access to Member benefits, such as invitations to working groups, Pact events and discounted missions, nor access to the Pact Growth Accelerator and Member-only areas of the Pact website.
What you pay:
• The Pact Cinema Levy is based on the production budget and is as follows:
Net levy payable
Levy payable inc. VAT
£0 to £499,999
£500,000 to £999,999
£1,000,000 to £1,999,999
£2,000,000 to £2,999,999
£3,000,000 to £4,999,999
£5,000,000 to £9,999,999
£10,000,000 to £14,999,999
£15,000,000 to £19,999,999
£20,000,000 to £49,999,999
Greater than £50,000,000
• The production is a TV production by an overseas company for an overseas broadcaster/SVOD platform
How long does it take to register my production?
We will usually be in touch about your registration within 48 hours from receipt of the production form. The time taken to complete registration will depend upon a number of factors, however to help expedite the registration process, as well as submitting a Production Form (using the link below), please also contact Annette Atanda (email@example.com) with the following details:
For TV Registrations
• the production budget, excluding COVID-19 costs
• the name of the commissioning broadcaster/studio/SVOD
• letter of financial guarantee – this is a letter from the commissioning entity and is an Equity requirement. Pact can provide a template upon request. Equity will not accept such letters from smaller, lesser known broadcasters/studios. If this is the case, we will discuss alternative routes to registration with you.
Pact cannot issue production specific cast Forms of Engagement until registration is complete.
If in doubt about any aspects of the production and/or requirements, please get in contact with Annette in the first instance.
- What you get: