ONLINE EVENT: Disability Awareness Workshop
The workshop will include:
– talking disability – taking the anxiety away from saying the wrong thing
– advertising – supplying documents in accessible formats
– interview stage – discussing access requirements
– reasonable adjustments in the workplace – and what this means
– creating an inclusive workplace – appropriate language, employee responsibilities and support
– Access to Work – how it can help you and the employee
– case studies.
The session will be run by Heloise Beaton – ThinkBIGGER!'s Disability Lead.
- About Heloise Beaton
Heloise has freelanced for a decade as a factual television producer, and entered the industry through the Channel 4 production training scheme, run by ThinkBIGGER! She has produced studio TV featuring high profile figures from the Prime Minister to Davina McCall, as well as supporting on and off screen disabled talent. Heloise is passionate about making sure the industry is accessible for everyone, and wants to show people they can thrive in their chosen field.