The joint industry guidance for TV Production has been updated as of Wednesday 9th December 2020. This is version 4 of the guidance, which was first agreed and introduced in spring of this year as a high-level framework to help productions to manage the risk of COVID-19.
The new version can be dowloaded via the Pact Resource Library here.
Pact members should note that some of the key differences with the previous version include:
– updates to reflect the latest Government guidance around the tier system and links to Government guidance across all the nations of the UK
– reference to the new TV quarantine exemption and the associated guidance
– added wording around PHE test reporting requirements
– amendments to the section on audiences following changes in the law in that area
– changes to the section on vulnerable people reflecting changes to the guidance on that too
Please note, this guidance document is separate to the BFC high-end TV & film production guidance, which can be found on the BFC website here.
TV productions quarantine exemption
As we notified members earlier this week, changes made to the Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel)(England) Regulations 2020 mean that TV productions beyond just High-End TV can now benefit from a quarantine exemption.
Read more about this update here.
Pact and the broadcasters created a new guidance document in relation to this exemption, which can be downloaded via the Resource Library here.