Production Registrations: Film
What you get:
• access to Pact's business affairs support for the life of the production
• access to Pact's suite of contracts and agreements for the life of the production
• access to Pact's escrow management services should you need them
What you don’t get:
A production registered with us does not entitle the SPV or parent company to membership, so they would not have access to Film Member benefits such as invitations to Working Groups, Pact events and discounted missions, nor access to the Pact Growth Accelerator and Member-only areas of the Pact website.
However, a parent company of an SPV could apply for Film Membership in its own right in order to access full member benefits when it is not in production.
You can find out more about Film Membership for the parent company on the Join Us page.
• the production is a film intended for theatrical release.
What you pay:
To access our services, the SPV will need to pay the Pact Production Levy, which is based on the production budget. Current rates can be found here.
Please note that the new rates became applicable on Friday 1st April 2022. Prior to that Pact charged a Cinema Levy for feature film.
FAQ’s regarding the Pact Production Levy can be found here.
How long does it take to register?
We will usually be in touch about your registration within 48 hours from receipt of the production form. The time taken to complete registration will depend upon a number of factors and the registration of a low budget or very low budget film can take longer due to the additional registration requirements, including Equity’s approval of the low budget registration.
To help expedite the registration process, as well as submitting a Production Form (using the link below), please also contact Annette Atanda (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following details:
• confirmation that the film has a theatrical release. If your film does not have a theatrical release, it will not fall within the remit of the Pact/Equity Cinema Film Agreement and therefore cannot be registered. (If your film is an SVOD or TV commission, please see SVOD and TV registrations).
• the production Budget, excluding COVID-19 costs.
Please ensure that you register your production BEFORE principal photography begins. Pact cannot issue production specific cast Forms of Engagement until registration is complete.
Parent company membership (if required) usually takes 48 hours from receipt of a completed application form and payment.
- What you get:
Please note: If you would like the parent company to join Pact as a Film Member to enjoy the full benefits of Membership, you will need to complete a separate application form, which you can find here. It usually takes 48 hours from receipt of a completed application form and payment for your Membership to be processed.