BBC Children's has formally launched its updated £300k Diversity Fund for Children’s & Education with the aim of increasing off screen diversity in under-represented roles.
They welcome applications from producers to support individuals who are currently under-represented in the Children’s & Education industry, particularly applications for Black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates.
Applications should be made once a pitch has been commissioned (subject to contract) and cannot exceed £10,000 as an absolute maximum.
Examples of how the fund could be used include:
– engaging an experienced director to mentor a neuro-diverse theatre director undertaking their first TV role
– supporting a runner from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic background to gain experience as a researcher, leading to a permanent role
– creating a shadowing opportunity for an up-and-coming director from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic background, leading to a directing role.
The following applications will not be supported by the fund:
– support for on screen diversity
– those which cover any BAU line of a production / project budget (e.g. diverse hires for a role included in the production budget)
For further information about the fund please contact your Commissioning Editor/Editorial Lead.