WMF Event: The Future of the BBC – Purpose, Impact, Funding and Oversight
The discussion will bring together stakeholders with key policy officials who are due to attend from DCMS; Ofcom; the Cabinet Office; DIT; and HMRC.
– The evolving role of the BBC
– The purpose and scope of the BBC across its operations, long term outlook, and role in soft power and serving UK cultures
– Regulation and its impact on the BBC
– The future of BBC services and the impact on the UK’s nations and regions and the wider creative market
– Future funding and revenue options for the BBC
Keynote speakers: Clare Sumner (Director of Policy, BBC) and Kevin Bakhurst (Group Director, Content and Media Policy, Ofcom).
Other speakers include: Max Rumney (Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Director of Business Affairs, Pact), Noel Curran (Director General, European Broadcasting Union), Andy Carter MP (Chair, The All-Party Parliamentary Media Group) and Adam Minns (Executive Director, COBA).
Cost per delegate: £190 + VAT
Find out more and register here.