ScreenSkills Producer Pathways, delivered by Gritty Talent, is a brand new Producer training programme for industry talent working in any genre of unscripted TV at Assistant Producer, Producer or Producer Director level.
The scheme is particularly aimed at talent from under-represented groups in TV and/or talent who have experienced a range of barriers and blocks to progressing their careers.
For many reasons, lots of people are under-represented in TV. It could be to do with someone’s age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, where they live, or if they have a visible or hidden disability. The reasons someone experiences barriers to career development can be multiple, nuanced and intersecting.
• Living in a region where there are not a lot of opportunities in production or in the genres you’d like to gain skills in
• Taking time out of work or needing to work part time to raise children, be a carer, or for health and other personal reasons
• Not being a university graduate, or not having a qualification in a specialist subject
• Not having access to practical training and mentoring/placements in the past that would help develop core skills i.e. edit producing, script writing etc.
• Being someone who transferred into the industry mid career
Applications are welcome from anyone who identifies as being from an under-represented group in TV, and/or has experienced barriers to progressing in the sector.
Interactive online workshops, individual mentoring and professional networking events will run part-time between March and June 2022.
From development and storytelling skills, to top tips for managing happy and healthy teams, as well as managing edits, risks, and budget, the training will equip participants with the missing links in their professional skills, and build a cohort of Producers who can thrive and progress in the industry.
Deadline for applications: 5:00pm on Monday 28th February 2022.
ScreenSkills Producer Pathways, delivered by Gritty Talent, is supported by the ScreenSkills Unscripted TV Skills Fund which invests in training for the unscripted workforce thanks to contributions from BBC, Channel 4, Sky, A+E Networks UK, Discovery UK, Channel 5 and Netflix matched by production companies.
The training programme is heavily subsidised with a fee of £250, payable by successful delegates or their employers. Bursaries to cover the course fee are available. If you are offered a place on the course, further information will be provided.