Pact acts as a Designated Competent Body under Arts Council England for the purpose of assessing Tier 1 Exceptional Talent applications in the fields of the Film, Television, Animation, Post-Production or Visual Effects industry.
The Application Process
Applying for your first Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa is a two-stage process.
Stage 1 assesses your skills, abilities and achievements and enables the Designated Competent Bodies to decide whether you should be endorsed in order to progress your application.
A Stage 1 application is submitted online. The form is available here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/tier-1-exceptional-talent-endorsement
Please be aware that the visa application must be sent to the Home Office, and not to Pact directly. The information found on this page is solely meant to inform applicants of the criteria that endorsements will be made under.
For more information on the application process, please see ‘The Guidance on policy for UK Visas under Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)’, to be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-policy-for-uk-visas-under-tier-1-exceptional-talent
Film and Television applicants
If you wish to be considered as an Exceptional Talent applicant in the fields of the Film, Television, Animation, Post-Production or Visual Effects industry you must show the following:
Exceptional Talent (Film, Television, Animation, Post-Production or Visual Effects industry)
You must show evidence for one of the following:
- Have won (at any time), or in the last 10 years from your date of application, have received a nomination for one of the following awards:
- an Academy Award,
- a British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) (Film, Television Crafts, Cymru, Scotland and Games only) award,
- a Golden Globe, or
- an Emmy Award;
- have, within the last 10 years from the year of application, made a significant and direct contribution to winning or being nominated for one of the awards mentioned above;
- have within the last 15 years achieved a minimum of two nominations for one of the awards mentioned above;
- demonstrate notable industry recognition by providing evidence of:
- international distribution sales and recognition, and;
- having achieved one of the following combinations:
- won a minimum of two,
- won one, and, within the last six years before the date of application, have been nominated for another,
- within the last six years before the date of application, have been nominated for a minimum of three, or
- within the last three years before the date of application, made a significant and direct contribution to winning two, or being nominated for a minimum of three of the awards in the Notable Industry Recognition Awards list published below.
Tier 1 Pact contact
Benedicte Westbye Legal and Business Affairs Assistant/ ParalegalSee contact +