Broadcast and Content Trade Mission to Mexico City
UK Trade & Investment invite UK companies to take part in a trade mission to Mexico City. The objectives of the trade mission are to highlight broadcast and content opportunities for UK companies, to provide more information of upcoming projects and promote supply chain opportunities through site visits to leading broadcasters including Televisa, TV Azteca, Grupo Imagen and Comtelsat (who have Bloomberg and Fox Sports).
This mission will coincide with the CIRT Expo, the proposed programme of activities also includes exhibit packages, VIP networking events and a market briefing.
The event is to be inaugurated by the Minister of the Interior of Mexico and President Peña Nieto will visit on the 25th.
About the Opportunity
- Telecommunications reform approved by the Federal Government in 2013 favours competition by allowing a higher participation from foreign companies and enables 100% foreign direct investment (FDI) in communications – including the satellite – and 49% in broadcasting.
- The reform aims at breaking up the monopolies held over the country’s telecommunication and broadcasting sectors.
- 15.18 million cable, satellite and IPTV TV subscribers.
- Mexico is one of the leading Spanish speaking content exporters in the world.
- Mexican TV Networks like Televisa and TV Azteca have strong links to the Hispanic population in the US.
- Mexico has the highest amount of Free Trade Agreements than any other Country. With 12 FTAs in place 44 Markets have preferential access to export products into Mexico (UK included).
- As a result of the Telecom reform more original content is being created by Mexican producers for open TV networks, cable and digital.
- Proposed packages and costs
- Who should participate?
Participate in the general programme that includes the project management, pre-show briefing, market overview, group directory, transportation to site visits, invitation to VIP networking event sponsored by UKTI, company literature on the group stand and access to a group meeting area.
Cost: £630 + UK VAT
Participate in the general programme that includes a table top or pod exhibit area, project management, pre-show briefing, market overview, group directory, transportation to site visits, invitation to VIP networking event sponsored by UKTI, table top or pod exhibit area, company literature on the group stand and access to a group meeting area.
Cost: £1050 + UK VAT
All mission participants will be invited to a pre-mission briefing on Monday 9th November that will include a Q&A session with Grupo Imagen at UKTI, 1 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0ET.
For further information about the trade mission and to confirm your place please call Tradefair on 01622 754200 or email email@example.com.
- Investors and companies focused on infrastructure deployment (towers, antennas, TV Filters amongst others), electrical material (UPS, Transient voltage suppressors, cables, switches, etc.), technical and IT equipment, technical advisory, communication, audio, video, and satellite equipment, as well as audio visual content and business intelligence.
- TV broadcasting equipment, infrastructure, content, transmission, consultancy, production and post-production companies.
- Related companies already doing business in Mexico, USA, Latin America and are looking to expand their business.
- Telecom Trade Associations looking to remain up to date in current trends and opportunities.